Saturday, November 13, 2004

What do you mean, "came untied?"

An innocent glance at yesterday's newspaper has given me the willies.  Apparently, there's a 59-yr old  great grandmother Georgia expecting twins after her tubes "came untied."  WTF??? 

The lady says she wasn't trying to get pregnant (you think?) and didn't realize she was until she started to gain weight and have cravings...and was 4 months along at that point.  There will be a 44 year age gap between her firstborn and the twins.  I don't know whether to be happy for her that she's still got it going on at that age or appalled that something like "untied" is even possible.

I am not amused.  And seeing as its almost that time of year again (groan) you can bet your ass I'm quizzing my gynie on this one.  He's gotten me through four pregnancies, is privy to my plumbing in even a more, um, intimate way than even I am, hell, he's almost a member of the family at this point.  I can ask him anything.  

Just how strong are those knots anyway???

If that happened to me there would not be enough tequila in the world to make me feel better.   And Mr W would have to hope that he was out of my reach because I'd have to hurt him.  Really.  Can we say do it yourself vasectomy, anyone?  "I think these scissors are clean..HOLD STILL!!"

Well at least the woman in the article seems to have a good sense of humor about it.  She'll need it when she starts lactating.

She plans to remarry her 60 yr old ex husband before the birth.  Isn't that sweet?  Who knows why they got divorced in the first place, these kids are gonna make a go of it again..god bless 'em.   

And she can always get the grandkids to babysit.  

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell is a 59-yr old woman doing having sex? Isn't there a State law against that? Something about the "infamous crime against nature..."

Anonymous said...

What are the odds of 59 year old eggs being normal?  Pretty slim!  Pity the children.

Anonymous said...

I read remo's comment & I have to say in response -- I plan on having sex until the day I die.  Age doesn't mean a thing as far as I'm concerned.  :)  

I remember reading this article too, and I was shocked.  

I had my son at the age of 23 and my daughter at the age of 31.  It was MUCH more difficult at the older age.  I can't even imagine what it would be like at 59!!!  I think it would be extremely hard on the body!  Recovery would probably take twice as long.  I don't know, maybe I"m just a big whiner or a slow healer.  Regardless, I DO NOT want another baby when I'm an old lady.  No thanks.  God bless her, she's gonna need it!!  :)      Love, Anna