Monday, November 8, 2004

The inner girlie girl

I was thinking the other day about giving in to my inner girlie girl.  I love makeup and lipstick is my thing.  A trait I am passing on to my little chanteuse, who isn't happy unless she has 'lippy' (applied in an oil slick akin to the Exxon Valdez) all around her mouth.  Yeah, it's just flavored chapstick, but to her, it's 'lippy' and she's all right with it.  I gave her her own little purse and everything just to keep her out of mine. 

Where was I?  So anyway, I think I forget, in the course of a day, to do little things that satisfy the IGG.  I've started making myself remember lately, and it's been such a boost that I've stressed to my friends to remind me too.  I actually have sought out the Clinique free gift (okay, not so free, I know) which I just loved last time because it had two lipglosses in it.  I bought myself bath stuff that smells so good I wish I could shower all day.  Ladies, it changes your pitch(like wearing your 'special' undies on an ordinary day).  And as we all know, when Mommy's happy, EVERYONE is happy.

And there's just something about smelling good that is so, well, primal.  Its all about the pheremones, that something-you-can't-put-your-finger-on-but-can-you-put-your-lips-on something.  The need to lean in and whisper instead of talk, just so you can get a whiff.  Go ahead, throw the curve once in a while.   Maybe he'll catch it on the floor.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LIPPY! Me & my best friend, Phillip, refer to all our lip necessities as lippy!

Denielle
http://journals.aol.com/deniden/thisisme