Sunday, November 7, 2004

What day is this?

I am a bit grouchy this morning. 

Storytime did not pan out last night.  We had company--two of the boys' friends spent the night, and my Dad was here sleeping over too. So I decided storytime was probably not a good idea.  Besides, my main target fell asleep while I was writing.  We'll catch up on that another time, and I will just be grouchy about it. 

I am glad that the Mom of the kids who spent the night was on time to pick them up.  They're really great kids, but having a couple more in the house on top of the toddler and the dog can be a bit taxing on me mentally.  There's only so much background Playstation/Nintendo noise you can take before you just want everyone to go to bed (but you can't send them to bed at 7 pm!) so you can have a minute of blessed silence.  She hadn't even fully pulled away, I hadn't even shut the door when a neighbor kid was standing there--"can the boys come out to play?"  Man, they were still in their pjs, and hadn't eaten yet--I'm thinking its 9 on Sunday, its rainy, why aren't you home? So I go into the boys' room to get the extra bedding put away and am hit with the unmistakable odor that accompanies little boys that are a tad sweaty.  Hope that roomspray works!

 The morning adventures of the toddler and the dog are driving me to drink too.  She has decided this morning to sing every sentence she has to say.  Ordinarily, very cute.  After about 30 minutes, not so cute.  The dog decided to help herself to the donut that was left unfinished by the singing girl wonder on the table and I got to fish that out of her (dog) mouth (yuum!) while explaining to the toddler that we HAD to throw it out, the 20 second rule would not apply here.  I think I've just had it with the pets today.   The cats peed on the bathroom rug because their litter box is not to their kitty satisfaction, and I know it is my fault that we didn't get to the box yesterday, but I'm still pissed about it.  Little kitty bastards!!  They toe the line closer to the circle of life sweepstakes everyday.....

My time is up.  Toddler just climbed all over me chatting away and has disappeared.  The silence that tells me she's up to no good is upon us so I have to check it out.  And there will be a new list of demands from the captors soon.  Sounds like a good time to send for reinforcements--that's right, head to Nana's house!  And sneak out!!!

No comments: