Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Cover that up and put it away

Okay, here's a pet peeve:  the current state of fashion that encourages grown women to wear their pants low and their shirts high.  It seems as though there is a certain segment of the population that fails to realize that their ship has sailed and they don't need to be flashing me more than the plumber does just by sitting down.  You know who they are, the women with thong-age when they sit, and it's always brightly colored so you can't miss it.  I swear to you a woman bent over in an aisle in front of me the other day in Target and I almost felt like I needed to slip a $1 in her strap as I walked by.  And it's NOT like I was even trying to gawk or anything, she just was reaching for something as I walked by.  Do we really need to dress like Britney when we are old enough to be her mother?  Have a little dignity, ladies, and don't ride the wave of belly shirts and low rises if your belly hangs down to the low rise (you know you've seen that at the local mall.)  No, I don't care that you are wearing a thong, don't care to know what color it is, please, please just put it away.  If I want to see a g-string I know where I need to go, I don't necessarily need to see yours while I'm at a baby shower (yes, that really happened.) 

I'm all for wearing what makes you feel good, but for heaven's sake, invest in a mirror and check yourself out before you make someone lose their lunch.  The mirror won't lie; yes, your ass looks fat!!! 

 

No comments: