Monday, November 15, 2004

My mother, the smart***

My Mom is a riot.  Saturday, she babysat two of our kids so Mr W and I could go out.  Alone.  (The other two kids were spending the night at their friends house.)  We were running late, and we had to do the drop-'em- at-the-curb-quick-drop-off.  Mr W went back out to the car and I said to her, "He'so excited that I get to go with him today."  And she pipes up, "Well, I guess we're lucky that you're fixed..."  Gee, thanks Mom.  The first date we've had since July, tainted by her dirty mind.  Guess I had to inherit my 'wit' from someone.

Anyway, we went to the ASU football game.  My Sun Devils had an exciting game and I had the best time I've had in a while.  The weather was beautiful, just crisp enough to make it feel like it should in November.  And I got to hold Mr W's hand without little bodies in between us, which totally rocked.  We got to actually have entire conversations that were not interrupted by shrieks of "MO-OM!!!"  If I'd have known that I'd have had such a good time, I would have gone much sooner (Dad and Mr W have season tickets).  I probably could have, I just feel awkward asking someone to take on all of the kids, esp. if they aren't used to it.  Mom doesn't always say yes (long story) and ...I'm a paranoid nutjob that won't leave them with just anyone.   SWMBO is still pretty clingy too, but she's getting much better so I am definately arranging more 'smoochy dates' as my 10 yr old likes to call them.  It takes all of my will not to snap at him "How is it that you  think you got here in the first place?" 

And true to form, I got all giggly and, well, stupid, just from Mr W's proximity.  Honestly, it was a little embarrassing...but he dug it. 

So today, I'm having a great day.  I love it when its cloudy and cool and almost raining, like today.  And I'm cruising through the grocery store, miraculously alone, feeling a little sassy and full of it.  Until I get to the car, and realize that my fly was about halfway unzipped the entire time.  I can only hope my shirt was covering it up.  Charming.  That took the wind out of my sails in a hurry. At least I now know why the bag boy that was on break was looking at me funny...

No comments: