Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Laugh it up, fuzzball

Mood: sleeeepy--but the chances of a nap are slim

Mr W has been having waay too much fun these last couple of days giving me crap about my hair.  It seems I'm an endless source of amusement for him.

Let's see...he referred to me as "Butch" Sunday when I got home from work. 

He looked over at me and started to laugh for no reason at my Mom's. 

I curse at him, and he says "Oh, I see the sailor mouth was included.  What port will you be in next?"

I remind him that unless he wants his port to be closed indefinately, he better knock it off.

But he's undeterred.  Apparently on the scale of 'threatening presence', I am at the level of a barking chihuahua, so he shows no fear. 

He should.  His knee surgery is scheduled for today.

Sailor mouth here will be in charge of his pain medicine.

Who's gonna laugh then???

 

(p.s.  I'm ok with the shortness now.  I forgot how liberating it is to be done with it in two minutes.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least he's creative in his comments. I'm glad you are getting more used to it, I wish I could have my hair done in 2 minutes - I envy you!

Denielle

Anonymous said...

My hair is rather long, so it only takes two minutes too. I let it mostly air dry, then wave a hairdryer at it, lol.

Isn't it nice to be the source of such amusement? I am sure you can use the pain medication and crutches to your advantage. Make him BEG!

xoxo

ps - if he is going to be on crutches for a bit of time, try to get your hands on a walker. It is much easier in the house to use, especially in the bathroom. I learned this when I had major foot surgery. Good luck to him!

Anonymous said...

This from a guy who gets his haircut with a Black & Decker?