Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Girly, and I asked for this

First, let me say, I adore my boys.  I actually thought Audrey was another boy, even though I was hoping she was a girl.  I'll admit it. 

At first, I resisted the urge to go all out and paint the house pink.  I was afraid people would give me a hard time about overshopping for her--like I didn't overdo it for the others.  Silly.  I finally gave in, because she is the only girl, I'm not having anymore (really), and this is a one time deal.  No little princess again when she turns into a teenage girly terror.

And I'm so enjoying it!!!  I can admit that too.

She cracked me up today.  This morning, she announced she needed to go to Target.  To get more "Hey-o Kitty lippy," of course.  I am outside, wheeling the cart into Target, and she gets all excited.  "Lippy!  Tights!"  Clap, clap, giggle.  She loves her tights, to death, and we needed to replace a couple of pairs that were beyond help.

She got barrettes too.  More excitingly, however, she saw the undies in the girls section, and we got some too!  Maybe the pull-ups will go soon.  Then again, maybe not, but that's ok.  Hello Kitty again, after she looked at Barbie, Finding Nemo, and the Princesses.  Whatever happened to the days of the week pack, lol?  She's running around the house 'em right now, in her second outfit of the day.  My money's betting we'll be up to four outfits by bedtime. 

Earlier, I also got a laugh out of her.  It's only fair that I get a giggle after she scared the hell out of me and tipped over the stroller with her in it by standing up--I've seen that one coming for a while, but she caught me off guard today.  She's fine, not a scratch on her.  Phew.  We were perusing the makeup counter, I was trying something on, and BANG!  At any rate, she calmed down enough to let the lady put makeup on her.  And ask for a mirror, so she could see it.  (It wasn't anything garish, and it's just for fun, don't worry, folks.)

Mr W should just put bars on her window now, lol.

"Sparkly!"  she told him, when we went by to see him at work a few minutes ago.  I told him she had tarted up at the makeup counter, so of course we had to show him too.

Ever hear a grown man say "Sparkly!" ?? 

Where's my tape recorder??

When she unwraps him from around her finger, he enjoys the girly girl too. ;)

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went nuts when we had Alex. All of the clothes I bought had dinosaurs or trucks or SpiderMan.  I think John is experience the same nirvana you are with his boy and Hot Wheels and comic books.

The Girly Girl is fun. Erin and Meghan are girly girls to the hilt!

Chantal

Anonymous said...

Day of the week panties >harumpf<  miss gracie HAD to have a set of those from the disney store (you know a different princess for every day)  25 bucks for underwear!  what do i look like?  fort knox?