1. Which of the following is your favorite store and why?
C) K Mart
Target. I spend a lot of time and money there, and I can find a little bit of everything in one trip, which is important when all the kids come along!
2. How far does your closest friend who's not in the same town as you live, and when was the last time you saw them in person?
Janna-bobanna, come on down! She lives in Spokane, and I saw her last in June? July? I talk to her almost every day...she's due for a Mexican food fix, but I think I'll make the trip to her next time...(hahaha, yeah, me, all alone, hahaha)
3. Have you ever gone on a date with someone you met online? Would you?
Oh, come on. Um, no. And no I wouldn't. I prefer the flesh I'm stroking to be right underneath my own fingers, and not virtual, thank you.
4. What is your favorite novel and what makes it stand out for you?
I have to pick just ONE?? The ones that stand out for me recently are: The Dogs of Babel (Parkhurst); because it was different, haunting even; and Caramelo (Cisneros), because I loved all the cultural references. Other faves are: The Stand (Stephen King)-I've reread it repeatedly because I like the characters; Olive's Ocean (Henkes) the story was sweet, OH!! how could I forget, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Brashares), The Secret Life of Bees (Kidd), great coming of age stories; there are others, I knew I couldn't do this....ONE, hahahaha.
5. You get snowed in at your home for three days. You have power and telephone service, but no way to leave the house. How will you amuse yourself?
You're kidding, right? Are my kids home or at Nana's house? If they're home, then we'd watch movies, play games, call friends...and if they're not home, well, I'm totally taking off all his clothes. (Did you say 3, THREE days? Don't tease me like that.)
6. A fellow journaler you consider a friend disappears from J-land. Visitors leave comments in the journal but they get no response. You send the journaler an E-mail to make sure everything is okay, and despite the fact that you see that it has been read, you get no reply. What do you do?
Hey, some people just don't want to be found. You wrote, they read; you did your part. Move on. Sigh.