Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I really can't be this old...

"I'm torn between feeling very sorry for you and finding you terribly attractive..."

A pickup line?  No.  A line from one of my favorite movies--'An American Werewolf in London.'  It's on tonight, and I was watching it with my dear hubby when he decided to look and see when the movie came out. 

WHY did he do that?  I was perfectly happy watching, I do love this movie, when he says, "holy shit, it can't have come out that long ago...what, 24 years?"  Um, honey, check the math, please...no, he's right.  ACK!  I suddenly remember how young I was when I watched it (and oh, what the hell, I was 12 when it came out, fine) and then I seem to forget where I saw it first--movie theater or friend's house?  I know I saw it during a movie-thon at a friend's house--slumber party, perhaps?  Oh, I think I remember watching it with all of my girlfriends, and a few ahem, older guys that were there tagging along with her older sister's boyfriend.  We, of course, were much too cool to be openly scared, but screamed and reached for an arm at all the right parts, lol.  Well.  Now I feel like I'm 100.

Gee, thanks, honey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I want to make you feel older, but I remember being little, and my dad having me watch it with him. It was one of his favorite movies when he was "younger". But get this, it was on when we were in London (scary!), and watching it as an adult was pretty cool too. I had forgotten most of it through the years.

My favorite werewolf movie though is The Silver Bullet. I think it was made in the 80's but I loved it when I was little.

Denielle

Anonymous said...

Hey! I saw that on last night. :)
We've been watching VH1s "I love the 90s". I cannot believe that the 90s are already retro enough to warrant 10 VH1 specials!
I can't believe I'm watching Vh1!
Chantal