Saturday, January 29, 2005

Sat six, I think I'm addicted

Saturday Six - Episode 42 Picture from Hometown

1. Who is the first celebrity you recall having a crush on?
Donny Osmond.  Seriously.  I remember being like 3 maybe 4, and I had a little picture of him next to my bed.  I brushed my teeth diligently (I wanted that Osmond-blinding-white smile) and owned a few pairs of purple socks (like him.)  My Mom still teases me to this day about it, and I'd not be surprised if she still had that picture saved somewhere.  My older cousins were fans, and they passed it on to me.

2. What was your favorite amusement park ride when you were young?
The tilt-o-whirl.  My Mom was very strict about what rides I was allowed on.  It was really embarassing when all my friends were riding the Hammer or the Zipper, and I had to hang out and wait for them. (I'm still a chicken, but Mr W and the kids have introduced me to roller coasters--LOVE them!)
3. If you could change your name (first or middle but the name you go by), would you, and if so, what would you change it to?
I wouldn't change my name, I like it too much. 
4. Go to http://kabalarians.com/ and take the "First Name Analysis" test.  Do you agree with what the site comes up with? 

Although the name Anna creates the urge to understand others, we point out that it causes you to be emotional and temperamental. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, liver and the bloodstream.

Your first name of Anna has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a clever, creative ability in art, music, singing, or drama and an appreciation for refined surroundings. Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs.

I guess this does not bode well for Mr W, lol.  I went with the name I go by 95% of the time, not my whole name.  Emotional-yes; temperamental, ok, sometimes; sociable, affectionate-yes; emotion vs. logic?  Love affairs? And I would fit them in--when?  Come on, I'm much too boring for that!  This was fun, but that's it.  Fun.  Like reading your horoscope :)
5. Other than Johnny Carson, which former talk show host's tape archives would you most like to visit, and why?

Merv Griffin.  I remember the show from when I was little, like a dream, so I'd like to check it out now.  Okay, I can't believe I forgot this..Arsenio Hall, he was funny, and he used to have the Earth, Wind, and Fire horns guest w/the band frequently, and I love EWF(another gift from my older cousins.)

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #44  from Jessie:   If you were in good health, would you donate a kidney to a friend who's dying regardless of what your family's opinion are and if yes or no, why or why not?
This one's hard.  I don't just have me to think about, so I can't disregard my family's opinion.  However, I would be inclined to help my friend, and I think my family would ultimately support me on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh...."I'm a little bit country...I'm a little bit rock n roll"! Especially in my purple socks! I am ashamed to admit...I loved the Utah boy too! Great answers! Robin

Anonymous said...

I loved Donnt tooo.....so where are you with my tequila shooter?????

stacy