Friday, March 4, 2005

TGIF

Chalk it up to some kind of ESP that I got the Spongebob movie earlier this week, and didn't wait for today.  (Friday is best to avoid the temptation of staying up too late on school nights--)  It is entertaining and Ryan is watching it now.  Audrey's a fan, but scared of it and hiding out watching PBS in my room.

Earlier this morning, I walked into the kitchen to a surprise.  It looked like oregano all over the floor...hmm.  What's she been up to?  "Kitty yum-yum," she says behind me.

Meet my daughter, adorable toddler, dress wearer, shoe hound, and cat drug dealer.

She's discovered that the cats like their catnip.  She knows where I keep it, and will go get it whenever she wants.  I was wondering why the cats seem to like her so much, and now I know.  She's hooking them up.  I think she just needs to open the drawer, and they come running from whichever corner they are hiding in.  "Look.  There's that kid.  Follow her!  Rub up against her leg!  Come on kid, open the drawer--YEEESSS pour out a big pile of it, thata girl..."  and within minutes, they are rolling around in it, licking their paws, pupils dilated.  I just need to turn on the Jimi Hendrix and dim the lights, and they're all set.  So nice that at least the cats are pleased--for the moment.

As you know I've been losing my war with the microbes.   There's nothing I can do about it except provide comfort, care, and medicine.  I can accept this.

What I cannot accept, however is being down to one tv.  I can only take sooo much Nickelodeon, and my tolerance is high (I like cartoons :D too). 

I resisted having two tvs for a long, long time.  I knew we'd all go to opposite corners of the house, and I wanted everyone to learn to share and spend time together instead of separating.  But before Audrey was born, I took the plunge, and now I don't know how we did it before with just one, lol.  It's hard to please everyone all the time, and now I have options.  Gotta keep 'em all happy.  Two is the limit though.  Our house is little, and there's no need for a tv in every room.

The cable box in my bedroom is out.  We get the basic channels at the moment by not using the box, but it's amazing how much you miss having a zillion channels to surf, isn't it?  On top of all the pain-in-the-keister stuff I've dealt with all week, at least I know I can fix this one.  YAY!  Something that can be fixed!  A timeframe that'll work for me (a miracle) and they will hopefully show up on time!

Hmphf.  I better not push my luck.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom had an appt. for the cable guy to come out the other day - you know the give you the two hour time block, so I expected to be waiting for him for a while. Wrong - he beat ME home! And he said he had been waiting! AND he said he had been here earlier but no one was home. I don't know what's going on with the cable company, but they also sent another guy out there to help the first guy. Just hope they weren't casing the place or something. :)

Denielle

Anonymous said...

my cat will be glad to smuggle some cat knip from your daughter *tip-toes off into a dark alley* :-D
~Kandi

Anonymous said...

bahahaha!!!! I LOVE this visual of your daughter. Priceless!!!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I throw pinches of catnip in my cat's bed to get her to sleep in it instead of my arm while I am on the computer. They sure do love that stuff, don't they? I used to toss some in a box and let her roll in it. I found it easier that way than having to clean it up off a floor. I called it the 'drug box.'

Aren't you guys all better YET???
xoxo

Anonymous said...

i'm so tired of Spongebob.. got the movie, and my little one has been watching it like 3 times a day!! I'm dreaming in yellow....

Robyn