Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Miracles of modern medicine

Okay, I'm not insane.

I took Audrey and Ben (with the other two in tow, oy!) to the pediatrician, who confirmed that Ben wasn't moving a lot of air (on the right side) and Audrey had the beginnings of an ear infection.  I even got to look in her ears, too.  Pretty cool stuff.  Ben got a breathing treatment and an inhaler.  He was a different kid after the breathing treatment, still coughing, but at least he could breathe!  And the ear infection has hardly slowed Audrey down at all, but he said that had she not come in, tomorrow it would've really set in.  Score one for me, maybe I do know what I'm doing, lol.  She got the usual pink stuff, and we'll see how good she is about taking it. 

Speaking of medicine, I have to thank my friend Jane.  She mixed me up a margarita to go, and I picked it up on my way home from aikido.  I promise I didn't sip it until I got home.  Really.  Mr W and the kids were with me, even I'm not that desperate!  So I'm taking my medicine right now, haha.

Ahh, the restorative and numbing powers of tequila. 

I may make it through this afterall.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW Tequila was what you needed, didn't I?  

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl, I don't know how you do it. I get tired just thinking of one sick child! You are such a good momma. Don't feel guilty about that tequila! It's restorative, for sure!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

hey, any medicine is good medicine! feel better fast!!!

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

you ,ean there is hope????? If your kids can feel better then daniel will too? I am glad to hear the kids got the meds they need and you did too.  ;)
hugs,
Laura