Thursday, March 10, 2005

Super-geek

Come on, sing it with me (to the tune of "superfreak")

"She's a super-geek, super-geek, she's super-geeky..."  I won't attempt the vocalization at the end of that line unless I've had enough to drink, and I'm sober as a stone right now--so I'll skip it and spare everyone the agony.

You know that you are geeky when you are willing to endure the horror of the "O.C." just to see the movie preview for the new Star Wars movie coming out in May. (BTW, we had shows like that when I was younger, and they were better:  Melrose, Dynasty, 90210; not that I ever watched any of them :P) (And is it just me, or do the girls on that show look like they never eat?  wtf?  Have a cracker, Mischa, it won't kill you and has what, 2 carbs?)

Not only did I endure the "O.C." but we all hollered for Mr W to come and watch it with us when the preview finally did come on.  No one spoke, and we all were riveted to the set.  Another happy Norman Rockwell moment, lol.  No one spoke.  That alone should shock and amaze you.

I'm very excited at the prospect of going to this movie with the 3 boys (princess is just too little) even though we'll be in line for a long time, and I'm certain that'll be the day that we hit 100 degrees, of course.  People will be swooning in their Chewbacca get-ups, lol. 

I'm so geeky that I even penciled it in on my calendar.

What was that I said earlier about needing to get out more?

I feel a Star Wars film festival coming on...hey, we'll all be home next week, it'll be perfect.

As long as no one speaks, of course.  And the chances of that are ?????? 

"Here, kids, have some gummy bears."  So chewy, so perfect, so silencing

If all else fails, I'm sure they make great ear plugs.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a very geeky girl......
thanks for the smiles! If I get desperate enough this weekend, I just might try this new use for gummy worms.
Laura

Anonymous said...

I think a super-geek would have put it in a PDA, not used a low tech pencil, lol!
xoxo