Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hmm, what's next?

One morning last week, I woke up and it was really cold in the house.  Hmm, I knew it was cold outside, so I was surprised Mr-I'm-freezing-and-it's-70 degrees-outside didn't have the heater turned on.  I sat up in bed and felt cold air coming out of the vent.  As I knew the day would warm up, I just turned off the system and mentioned to Mr W that I thought he'd need to go check it out.  And I forgot about it until that evening, when it got chilly again and I was putting the small fry to bed. 

"Hey, did you go deal with the reset thing on the air conditioner?"  "I'll go right now."

Well, to make a long story short, our air conditioner gave up the ghost that night.  RIP.  We've nursed it through two summers too many as it is, and saw this day coming.

Today, I'm getting the new one installed, and trying to keep the kids (and the dog) out of the way.   I'm not doing too badly so far, and it's not like I wouldn't have stayed home anyway, but I feel so stuck.  And I'm holding my breath, thinking 'what's next?' because in the grand scheme of things, it's never just ONE thing that breaks and needs to be replaced.  Last time this happened, my dishwasher, washing machine, and freezer all went nuts at the same time.  Oh, the joys of home ownership...

At least it happened now, and not in mid-July, when temperatures would be high and the chance of getting an install done quickly would be low.   Ya gotta count your blessings, right?

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vacum and fridge just went out... had I known he would let me get a sub-zero it might have quicker :)
Hugs Kendra

Anonymous said...

Staying home by choice is OK. Having to stay home sucks!
xoxo