Thursday, March 10, 2005

Oh, alright

Although I've not been writing in my own j, I've been reading everyone else's, commenting, etc.  I've managed to squeeze that in. But I usually write late at night, when they're all sleeping, because otherwise, it's "mom" "Mom, I have a question."  "Hey, Mom, what's that?"(pointing at what I'm reading)  Ben even quoted an email I was writing to a teacher the other day after I sent it.  Who taught that kid to read?  UGH.  So I have to remind them yet again, this is my time, I need privacy just like I'm on the phone. Yeah, right.  We all know how that usually goes....

And because of all my running around of late, I've been unintentionally knocking out when they do.  Books unread.  No writing.  No quality time with my spouse..weelll, there's always a way to make time for that ;)   Before I knew it, the week was gone, and I hadn't been here.

Anyway, I've been reading the "Top Ten Things I've done that you probably haven't" around, and all week have been trying to come up with my own.  I suck, I'm so boring.  I don't think I can come up with ten, but I'm willing to try. 

Ten Things I've Done...that you probably haven't:

1. I've had four c-sections.

2. Experienced all my "firsts" with the same person, and married him.

3.  Wore two different shoes out in public, and neither Mr W nor I noticed.

4.  Puked down a hallway in the middle of an exam, then returned to finish taking it like nothing happened.

5.  Finished my last semester of college pregnant.  Talk about course load. 

6.  Shot a cop's gun.

7.  Had my amnios analyzed by people I used to work with.  No pressure there, lol. 

8.  Nursed my firstborn with my husband's grandmother literally in my lap, commenting on the quality of my milk.  Go ahead, cringe with me.

9.  Uttered the words:  "I don't want to hear any more about your balls" and "I wonder what I should make for dinner?"  in the same five minutes.

10.  Saw my father-in-law (a true Southern gentleman)...naked.

See?  Boring.  No scandals involving foreign dignitaries; no drinking with boy bands (although Maroon 5 is coming to town in May...ha!); no flashing my ta-tas at Mardi Gras (hmm, there may be time for that, I'm still young, even if they aren't); no torrid tales of dark deeds...

I need to get out more.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!  Great Entry Girl... I been think about that list too...  My next one is coming up and I been ramblin'  
Hugs Kendra

Anonymous said...

#2 is very romantic and #8, well, I'll just say that's too much information, LOL ;-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I did #2, and maybe #9, lol. I need to make a list! Yours is good - and ewww to #8 and #10!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kewl, I'm all for going to mardi gra!! I need a let it all hang out vacation.. no kids, no hubby, just a bunch of crazy good-hearted women...yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

I think #2 is the sweetest thing. And I want to know the story behind seeing your father-in-law naked!

Denielle