Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Driving Miss Daisy

Mr W went to see his dr on Monday, and was cleared for takeoff--he got to go back to work on Tuesday, but he's on light duty.  Ohh, and he loves that--not.  His dr still has him wearing a brace, but it's one that allows him to bend his knee to a whopping 30 degrees, so basically it's still straight.  What does this mean for me?  Well, aside from the pleasant demeanor he will adopt in about a week or so of being confined to his desk, it means that I get to add him to my list of taxi stops.  Oh, joy. 

He's going in at 8, so I drop off the big kids, then Mr W, then come home to get Ryan, Audrey, and me ready to turn around and drive Ryan back to school again.  Factor in the sickos hanging around all week, and it makes for a fun morning, all before 9 am.

It's so nice to be needed--

Especially at 3 am.

I was up with Ben, who was coughing so much I was imagining my bed had the magic fingers and that's what was jostling me around.  I got up with him and ran the shower really hot and sat in the bathroom with him in hopes the steam would provide him some relief.  The first time I pressed my ear against his chest, and asked him to take a deep breath, when he exhaled it sounded funny.  WTF?  Am I really hearing that?  So I made him do it again, and it sounded like the air being let out of a balloon.  Oh, that's not good.  However, after the shower ran for a while, he sounded better.  He even was able to get back to sleep, and I only sat up to listen to him a couple of times.  I couldn't get back to sleep anyway.

So.  It looks like I'm off again to the dr, because that's beyond my Mommy voodoo medicine, and no way I want to hear that noise in the middle of the night again without some assistance.

Better living through chemistry, I always say.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! I am all about living through chemistry!  But it kinda sounds like you need some Mommy time! Bubble bath and BIG FAT bottle of TEQUILA!  I will get some in the mail to you ASAP!  

Anonymous said...

Better living through chemistry indeed! There are drugs that will help these little ones sleep through the night even. I sure hope you all get better soon. This has been a bad year for people getting sick.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yup, mommy duty is just always such a picnic ;-)