Thursday, March 10, 2005

Lost time

Okay, it's been a while.  I've lost track of time, I actually thought today was Friday!

I've realized that all the chauffering around is not only sucking away at my spare time, but my brain cells too.  I just called the school, because today is an early release day, and well, it's a good thing I did, or I would have shown up an hour late to pick up everyone.  No, not good. 

I know next week will be better, Mr W is off (yay!) and the kids are on break too (um, yay?) and no driving around unless it's to the movies or the zoo.  Oh, but I'm sure they'll come up with something else, I don't expect total peace. 

Speaking of Mr W, I did something nice for him this week, even though he's gonna have to wait for it.

I bought him a new rocker recliner.  We are very excited about it, because our old one (which has served us well) is looking bad and falling apart in spots.  We went looking for it together, he knows it's coming, and I'm not sure how I'll make it through the next 8 weeks. 

Surprisingly, we resisted the siren call of the perfect living room arrangements that we saw while we were there.  We were very enamored of this really simple couch and loveseat, but decided to wait on it for now.  I want to look around some more, and make sure we really like what we get. And I don't want it unless we can pay for it outright, so it'll have to wait. So (for the moment) I'm gonna slipcover the other sofa, because I can machine wash that, lol.  Ha, I had to laugh as the salesguy went through his spiel about stain guarding, like not getting it was an option.  According to him, it covers everything, punctures, rips, stains of all kinds...for ten years... and if they can't fix the stain, rip, etc. you get a credit to the store for the price of the chair and you get to pick a new one....are you laughing with me too?  Four kids, two cats, a dog, a puppy if I get my way, extra kids, the resident klutz adult (me).... yeah, paying for stain guarding is not something I lose sleep over. 

Ahh.  I can't wait to fight over who gets to sit in it first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think our huge families should be the testers for stain guards, vacums, refridgerators, washers, dryers, dishwasher's ...  Want to know what I use for stain remover on our clothes... Carpet cleaner... it works better than the regular stuff!  I mean hello.... Test Family Wanted?  Call me!
Hugs Kendra

Anonymous said...

Read the small print on the coverage. Ex-bf got it because he had two dogs and I had two dogs, and it said it didn't cover damage from pets. You can buy your own Scotchguarding and spray it, if it's fabric. I spray my carpets every time I steam them - and Baby pees on them every time. It comes up easier now.
xoxo