Before I go on with my list, I have to pimp a journal I've been reading recently. A funny, funny girl from across the pond named Tilly. Honestly, I nearly ruined my keyboard with a mouthful of water and an over-exuberant snort the first time I read this entry. I'm hooked.
Go, give her a shot. Her All About Me made me feel like I should never complain about being overwhelmed by the children ever again. I know a lot of people have made their way to her journal, but if you haven't, tell her I sent you. And make sure you aren't drinking anything.
65. I have no grace. If it can be spilled, dropped, or tripped over, I'm your girl.
66. Chocolate is my nemesis. Dark chocolate will get you the combination to the vault.
67. I think my hip is permanently shifted to the left, thanks to balancing a baby on it for so many years.
68. I still do the mom-sway. Sway, pat. Sway, pat. (I found myself doing that to the puppy, that's how ingrained it's become. I do it at work, when I'm standing waiting for my timer to go off. It's soothing. I can't help it.)
69. I've never been in the snow. I've seen it once, a couple of inches on our cars that disappeared almost immediately, but that's it. (in Tucson)
70. I lived in the same house from the time I was six until I left for college at seventeen.
71. I still remember the address. And our phone #.
72. I really have too much useless information stored in my brain, but can't always access it when I need it.
73. If I wasn't a Mom, I'd be a doctor, or playing one on t.v.
74. I try not to sweat the small stuff.
75. I learned to swim in college. I took the class on purpose because I was tired of being afraid to try it.
76. I'm not very good at it, but I like it. Thanks to my ass, I'm not in danger of drowning.
77. But I harbor no ill will toward my ass.
78. That one should clue you in that I'm even more of a goof when I'm tired. The giggling should commence soon.
79. No need to drink, just sleep-deprivation will do it.
80. But if I'm gonna drink, I'll take tequila. Straight up, or in a margarita. Depends on my mood. Oh, and dark beer (black-and-tan, made with Guinness, of course.)
81. As evidence for my supreme sense of dorkiness, I have to say that the first time I ate shrimp, I ate the tails too. Not until I noticed that my future FIL had a pile of something on his plate did I realize something was wrong. Thank goodness they were little all-you-can-eat shrimp at Sizzler. My wretched husband still laughs heartily at me over this one.
82. Lippy (be it stick or gloss)--don't leave home without it.
81. I'm a steering-wheel Idol. Sing out loud in the car, much to the dismay of my children, all the time.
80. I'd like to learn to golf. Hitting that little ball really, really hard could only be therapeutic. I'm sure there's more to the game then that, but that is what intrigues me about it for now.
Oy. Look at the time! I thought I would finish tonight, but I have a big day tomorrow. School volunteering, and I'm working in the evening. So I have to dash. It's waaaaay past my bedtime.