Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I've had it

Mood:  Cranky

Kids.  Kids will be kids, and I shouldn't be cranky about it.

I don't sweat the small stuff, like a spilt glass of whatever.  Okay, maybe I complain a little as I clean it up, but overall, my motto is "it's washable" or "it's old, that's ok."

However, if Audrey lets loose with another screech or crying fit just because she has to wait; if Ryan gives me any more crap when it comes to school; if Nolan or Ben look at me sideways with that "yes-sss" hiss that preteens do; if I hear "honey, I need you to do me a favor" followed by a request that requires a lot of time; I'm gonna snap.  (I'm sympathetic to all their situations, really, I am.  It's just been a long day of jumping through the Mommy hoops.)

I'm gonna go through with my threat to get into the van and just keep on driving. 

I'll call them when I can see sand and water.

Great.  I just realized I forgot to go pick up my tire.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't even dare tell you that mine is sleeping at grandma's (yes again) tonight, i have no idea what time she is coming back tomorrow AND i met my boy toy for a, um, non PG evening :-)  Just so you know ONE of us had a good day!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, sounds like my day today and really almost anyday around here.  Maybe I will meet you where the water crashes upon the sand.  You bring the lime and salt and I will bring the Quervo and shot glasses....You game?

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Let's run away together! My car is gased up and ready to go......Thelma and Louise redux.
Hang in there gurly.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Young lady, you go lie down right now for your nap and I don't want to hear from you for at least an hour, do you hear me??

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Please know that you are not alone!  Hence, my screen name...

Anonymous said...

Instinct tells me you had one of those days that most of us mortals experience at some time or other (some of us more regularly than others)!! Sometimes it's good for us to be cranky otherwise we'd end up trodden into the ground. Have a nice bath, a glass of wine and you'll be fine again!! Us Mums are made of strong stuff we just need to re- charge the old batteries occasionally!
Tillyx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse

Anonymous said...

U HAVE RIGHT TO BE CRANKY GIRL.  U DO ALOT OF STUFF U NEED TO TAKE A DAY TO URSELF

Anonymous said...

go for it, girl.. sometimes I think we do need to keep driving... straight to a spa or some chocolate or shopping, whatever floats your boat..we are people too!!

Robyn :)