Monday, August 15, 2005

Fog lifting

Because I was up with a sick girl last night, and still trying to get my bearings on today; not to mention stay awake....little ones, they bounce back, it's Mom that needs a nap.

I'm gonna hit the ground running (okay, walking fast) with the Six.  And maybe write some more. 

I am one pair of socks and a bra short of a full laundry load today, so bear with me. 

(Today's disclaimer:  Sleep deprivation makes me giggly, and goofier than usual, so consider yourselves warned.) 

Saturday Six - Episode 70

1. A reader to "Men's Journal" recently wrote about technological innovations, stating that there isn't any gadget he couldn't live without:  "To see how vital technology is, spend a few days in the backcountry without your phone, pager, PDA, laptop, cappuccino machine, or MP3 player.  You'll emerge cleansed and refreshed."  Could you go a whole week really roughing it with no modern conveniences? Yup.  It's only a week, what's the big deal?  Would you want to? Sure, I'm game.  As long as I can bring some books along.

2. What is the most you've ever paid for a:
    A) Shirt
    B) Pair of Shoes
    C) CD or Album
    D) DVD
    E) Book
    F) Vacation

I am a sale girl.  If it is prohibitively (sp?) expensive, then I don't need it. (Not that I don't like nice things, mind you, but I am a practical girl...I don't need a $500 shirt to wear to the park, just so Audrey can wipe her face on my shoulder.) 

I will splurge on CDs, and DVDs, because we all need entertainment...and books I get at the library, usually, unless it's something special and I just can't wait.  With all these things, though, you usually can find them at a lower price.  Isn't that what Amazon, Target, and Walmart are for, lol?

Vacations are another story.  This last jaunt to Disneyland was more expensive than usual, but totally worth it.  Let's just say it was high enough to make me pause, but not so high that I started to laugh and say "thank you very much" to the operator when I was booking it (ok, in the $1500-2000 range, and it included all our tickets for four days to both Disney parks, 3 nights/4 days at a D. resort hotel; it was a good deal :D)

 
3. Looking back at the answers to#2, which one was the most foolish?

At the risk of sounding obnoxious, I usually don't feel any purchases are foolish, because I'm very conscious of the budget. If we don't need it, I don't get it. (With the exception of kid extravagances, of course!) I'm a SAHM, for all practical purposes, I don't have it to throw around, lol.  So for now, I'm careful.  The mortgage has to take precedence over the Manolos. :)  (Sigh.  I sound like a tightwad, but really, I'm not.)

4. Take this quiz:   Which snack food are you? I'm offended, I think.  I took the quiz, which says I'm a donut.  Let's make the most of this one:  a nice round, chocolate-frosted, filled Krispy Kreme.  You pick the filling, lol, it's all good.  (Hmm, I don't think I was supposed to feel a little dirty, after that quiz, was I? <g>)

5. There are three wells:  Love, Beauty and Creativity.  If you could only drink from one of them, which would you choose and why?

Creativity.  If you're creative enough, you can find a way to make the other two happen. 

6. If you were another person, do you think you would be friends with the person you know as yourself?

I think so.  I'd want to know who is that crazy chick with the kids that follow her like ducklings?  And what is that stain on her shoulder?  She can't be a day over 29....  (:p) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ew. That quiz said I am edible undies. Gross.
xoxo