This may be short and sweet. I just let the dogs in, and Max, is well, frankly, a mess. The picture is a mere representation; some days, he's much worse, some days, he's just dirty at the paws. Some days, I'm bathing him before 7 am.
I put him out in the morning, with a sense of dread...and amusement. He has so much fun, how can I begrudge him digging in his water dish? Even if it means dirt in the house, and pawprints all over the place. (The Swiffer WetJet and that little vacuumy Swiffer are what keeps me sane, even if I can't keep the floor clean all the time.)
His cohort, Shadow, gets pretty dirty too, but nowhere near as muddy as Max. She's a little more refined, I guess.
Right now the thing that Max does that amuses me the most is charge--he runs up to me, and as he approaches, turns his head and plants his shoulder squarely up against my leg. Like a linebacker. A friend of mine assures me that I won't like it when he does it and he weighs 80 lbs. However, I feel like I should grant him one more day of glory, for tomorrow, it's snip, snip.
Let's see, I stopped at 52, I think.
53. I have a tattoo. (inside rt ankle)
54. I want another one. (Guess where.)
55. I'm a Leo.
56. And my tattoo is of a lion, but not because of #55.
57. Steve. Joe's okay, but...
58. I like watching cartoons with my kids. (Teen Titans is my current favorite. And Plankton, that little megalomaniac, what's not to love?)
59. The Mom gig is awesome most of the time. Awesomely hard. Awesomely challenging. Awesomely loving.
60. At times, the Mom gig is lonely.
61. Just when I think I can't love them any more, I feel my heart shift and make room for the overflow.
62. I have moments of cuteness in my day that would make your heart ache.
63. I have moments of frustration in my day that would make your head ache.
64. I live for these moments.