Thursday, December 2, 2004

Not a good sport

Okay, only 2 more days, until my guy gets back home.  I've missed him all week, but today, I realized how much.  One of the kids came in from outside, and when the door opened, I looked up and was looking for him to come walking through the door.  I even had the 'hi honey' big grin going on.  And although I am always happy to have a kid come in from outside without a blood trail dripping inside too, it just was quite the letdown.  UGH.  

I've made it this far, without any liquid medication in a brown paper bag, but the absence is wearing thin, and I'm tired of being a good sport about it.  I'm gonna tell him so too when we talk later.  I was so nonchalant the other day, "yeah, just call me when you get in, and we'll come to pick you up", but tonight, I'm just about ready to load them up and camp out at the gate.  I'm sure he'll be amused when I share that little tidbit. My list of little things I miss has grown and ultimately add up to one big thing missing--him. 

So sappy, so embarassing, but (and I've said this before) really, it is too much that he still affects me this way. (heehee) 

What's a girl to do?  Maybe tonight'd be a good night to practice writing some haiku....because I know I won't be sleeping, dammit.  That could make an interesting homecoming present ;) right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should practice which outfit you will be wearing when you seduce him when he comes home, but that's just me. ;)

I hate missing someone, but it feels so awesome when you finally get to see them again, and plus, it makes you realize how much you really care.

Denielle
http://journals.aol.com/deniden/thisisme

Anonymous said...

Well, Den, it's a great idea, in theory.  Although I wish I was bringing him home to myself, I'm not...
And after a day of 'I'm-coming-to-get-you-later' stolen smooches, let's just say there'll be no need for the frills. ;)