Monday, December 6, 2004

I saw Mommy kissing....

On Saturday morning, I'm buckling little miss into her carseat, and telling everyone to get settled, and the boys are chattering amongst themselves about going to the airport when I hear Ryan say "let's just hope Mommy doesn't kiss Daddy again.." He says this with the cutest smile on his face, and practically winks at me too.

You see, a couple of weeks ago, Mr W and I were actually sitting by each other on the couch.  Yes, I thought we were alone (? I should know better) so I kissed him...as Ryan walked into the room.  It was no big deal, I mean, really, it's not like it was some soap opera tonsil hockey, it was just a kiss.  But I swear, the little guy blushed, and was so tickled that he 'caught' us.  Then he giggled and went outside to play.

So I know he was referring to that, and I of course, had to give them something to tell their therapists later, so I said "Oh, I plan on kissing your Daddy again.  A LOT."  And they all rolled their eyes and proceeded to make the 'eww, gross' comments, like only little boys can.  Wait a few years, I'll remind them that kissing is so 'eww, gross'...in front of their girlfriends.

Mr W was really surprised to see us waiting for him outside his gate.  He totally wasn't expecting us.  I thought I'd have to pry the kids off him with a spatula just so I could say hello too.  As it is the boys followed the man into the bathroom; I had to hold Audrey back or she would have gone in as well.  It was very nice to surprise him, because he usually reads me pretty well, and I rarely get one up on him.  I'm not good at keeping things from him, even if it's a surprise; I have no poker face at all.  It drives me crazy.

Happily, I did get to kiss Mr W.  A lot. ;)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's back home. :) Have fun welcoming him back.

Denielle