Monday, December 6, 2004

My competition

Today is a cold, rainy, overcast day.  Perfect weather for snuggling up next to that special someone and well, losing track of time. 

I'm out running a quick errand, and the little one knocks out.  So I hurry home, thinking if I time it right, I can snuggle up to Mr W and have some quality time.  Or so I thought.

He greeted me at the door--good sign, I'm thinking, until I notice that look in his eye.  Was it desire?  Oh, hell no, it was 'I'm sleepy'.  That's okay, I think, I certainly can handle that little hitch.  Carefully, carefully, I place the little one down so she doesn't wake up...and follow Mr W down the hall, intent on my mission.

So I snuggle up next to him.  What's better than the feeling of a warm body next to you on a day like this?  Well, apparently, sleepSleeeep! Nevermind that everyone's at school, and the little one is down for the count.  Or that I have made my intentions clear.  No, no, he needs to sleep. I stuck around for a while, thinking he'd see things my way, but no.  Pretty soon, he's breathing like he's on his way...out.  And there I am, all dressed up and no where to go.  I'm about to take a more aggressive stance when...you guessed it, I hear a voice calling for me from the living room.  Game, nap, match over.

She's a sneaky mistress, Sleep.  I realize that she's important to him, so I let her come around as much as possible.  But today, she was truly more tempting than I was.  And while I am a patient girl, I am not pleased about that at all.  Usually we work hand in hand, I get my time, and she takes over right away.  That is the way it should be.  I can only hope that I am sneaking into whatever dream he may be having.  Ha, ha I'll move in on her turf.

He better not think about coming around later because I'll ....cave.  I always cave...fold like a bad hand...give up the good fight....surrender the goods.

 

Yawn.  I'm getting a little...sleepy.  ;)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you and her have those fights too? Hahaha, that Sleep is a cunning one, she is. Sometimes I beat her at her own game by interrupting hers and Christian's time together in the middle of the night and stealing him away. Works like a charm unless she has him all wrapped up and he has work in the AM. ;)

Denielle