Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yikes!

Oh, my.

Every night, I tell myself I will get to do an entry once the kids go to bed....only to find myself drooling on the remote, arm asleep from holding my girl (don't ask), all hot and sweaty (and not in the good way), two hours later.

At which point I stagger down the hall, put her to bed, crate up the dogs, and go to bed myself.  I only make a little bit of noise (okay a lot) as I climb in--why let the hot and sweaty go to waste?--but am unsuccessful (he snores on) and pass out anyway.  Sigh.  That's what dreams are for.  Rrrrrrrr. 

Ahem.

So I was trying to get caught up tonight, and find that Laura has tagged me twice.  Twice!  And I am just getting to them.  Sorry, L.  I'm usually not so lax.

Thanks so much, for naming me a Rocking Girl Blogger.  I am delighted.  :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I so dig that graphic.  I wonder if I could get that tattooed?  Hm.  Better settle for a tshirt, or I'll pop it over on the sidebar sometime.

Laura also tagged me for this meme, Crazy Eights:

1.  I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.

2.  Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

3.  People who are tagged have to write their own blog (entry) about these eight things and post these rules.

4.  At the end you have to choose eight people, list them,  and tag them to do this too.

5.  Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged, and to read your entry/blog, too.

I think this is a good way to get back into the swing of things, after my unintentional hiatus.  Can I think of eight things?  What eight things?  Holy cow, can I narrow it down to only eight?  Ack!  Maybe not as easy as I thought...  Ack!  I'm afraid they're quite L-A-M-E. 

1.  In light of the Harry Potter book just being released...oh, wait.  I forgot to mention, I caved and let Nolan read it first.  I read two chapters, and he begged, I'm a bit of a softie; so I gave it up.  He read it as quickly as I would have, and then I took over and pounded through it.  So, my habit/fact is that no matter how much I want to know, how badly I am excited, I never, ever turn to the back of the book or read ahead.  No way.  That's cheating, people.

2.  I snort when I laugh real hard.  So ladylike.  So like a trumpeting elephant.  Nice, especially since I like to laugh so much.  I don't hold it in, because that hurts.

3.  I have bought my favorite treat at Costco (the giant ice cream bar, dipped in chocolate and covered in almonds, from the food court) had it wrapped to go, hidden it in the freezer and eaten it after everyone else has gone to bed.  I only get one for me.  Oh, yes.  Some people drink.  I choose chocolate, or this.  It is soooo good.  Heh heh heh.  It's probably a good thing I don't do that often.  But I have done it within the last two weeks.  I'm about due for one...

4.  I love the library.  I like Barnes and Noble, bookstores in general; and while there are some books I love and do buy and read again, it's the library that really holds my heart.  

5.  I will get up and brush my teeth in the morning the second I wake up.  Get up, use the bathroom, brush my teeth.  I hate morning breath.  I brush before bed, too, every night.  Without fail.  If only I were so diligent with the floss.  I'm good, but I'm not that good.

6.  Even when I pare it down, I always have at least 5 lip products in my purse.  In any combination of liner, gloss, lipstick, balm....my tshirt might have a hole in it, but mmmwuuaaah, let me find a way to distract you...lol.  Got my eye on the next one right now, but it's Lancome, so I am trying to restrain myself from dropping that kind of dough on something I'm going to ultimately lick off or leave on my glass.  No matter.  It's glittery.  It's a little red.  I need it.

7.  I still find myself sucking in my tummy when we're um, in the preliminaries.  Like it does any good at this point.  Like he hasn't seen it before.  Ridiculous. 

8.  I force myself to maintain eye contact to avoid doing the once-over-check-you-out.  It's not difficult, as I usually look people in the eye anyway, but when I am doing it for this reason, it takes so much of my concentration, I can't make a coherent statement.  Don't look!  Don't look, don't look, don't look down!  Doh!  Busted!

Thanks for thinking of me, Laura.

I'm not tagging anyone else, as I am so late with both of these things that there is no one left that isn't private.

Play along if you want.

And to all the Rocking Girl Bloggers out there...well,

You rock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually frown on turning to the back of the book.  But I did it this time!  It felt so much better :-0

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb