I'm feeling the love. I got tagged, more than once, with this "seven thingie" so I'm doing it. With a smile on my face and a song in my heart.
7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die
1. Guide the kids to purposeful adulthood, with lovely spouses that don't hate their MIL, who love them buckets.
2. Visit Italy, and stay for longer than 2 weeks. Staying at some little Nonna's house, learning how to make fresh pasta. (So much for my future as an international supermodel.)
3. Scuba dive. In Hawaii. (This means me overcoming a handful of fears, so maybe just visiting Hawaii will have to suffice, and I'll pretend to surf instead.)
4. Bet it all. Let it ride. Whatever you say in Vegas.
5. Visit some national parks, like Yosemite, in different times of year. Winter/summer, that sort of thing. I want to see the sequoias, wake up under the Big Sky, and walk trails in the Pacific Rim. Catch some lobsters. Have a drink in the Keys. You get the picture.
6. Due to my love of baseball, I'd like watch games in different cities...parks to be named later.
7. Spoil my grandchildren. I'm gonna be the cool Nana who's hot. (Chantal tells me that's called a cougar. lol)
(Honorable Mention: Run a 1/2 marathon. I'm working on this...)
7 Things I Can Do
1. Drive a carload of children, and not raise my voice.
2. Read a book in a day.
3. Get attached to someone in five minutes.
4. Shower so fast no one notices I'm missing.
5. Be a good friend.
6. Pull out an amazing factoid out of thin air, but forget where I placed my keys.
7. Procrastinate, procrastinate, procrastinate....
(Honorable mention: Cook up a storm.)
7 Things I Can't Do
1. Stand on my head. Oh, I brag about it, but nope. (As in, "I could do that, one hand tied behind my back, standing on my head...")
2. Spend an entire day not smiling about anything.
3. Be really, really mean on purpose.
4. Ride a motorcycle.
5. Resist chocolate.
6. Get up and not brush my teeth right away. (No need for dragon breath when I'm waking people up.)
7. Complete a task, start to finish, uninterrupted.
(Honorable mention: Say no. To Mr W.)
7 Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex <only 7? lol>
1. Sense of humor. It goes a long way.
2. Nice eyes. Green or blue preferred, but I willing to go on a case by case basis...
3. No pancake ass need apply...I like big butts and I cannot lie...lol, jeans need to be filled.
4. Politeness. I know, I know, we're all women who CAN, but it's nice when someone opens the door for you, or pulls out your chair, or does those little niceties that we're not supposed to care about anymore. I notice them when they aren't done, so I've come to realize this is important. (A hand on the small of my back as we are making our way through a crowd makes my knees weak.)
5. Hands. (No one wants to have their delicates mauled by a stray hangnail. Eww.) Hmm. Grooming, posture, it's a total package....with the exception of scruffy, scruffy is allowed, on occasion.
6. Height. He has to be taller than me (a measly 5'5" is all I am, so this one is pretty easy.)
7. Scent--a man who smells goooood. Bury-your-face-in-his-neck, follow-him-into-a-dark-corner-good.
(Honorable mention: A good deep, gravely voice...)
7 Things I Say Most Often
1. "Share with your" <sibling>
2. "No, I don't know what's for dinner."
3. "In a perfect world...." (____would happen)
4. "Yes, I'm insert kid name here Mom."
5. "In a minute" tied with "Wait your turn"
6. To spouse: "I told you that already...."
7. "Chingada muchacha/cho jodida/o!" tied with "What's that.....(noise, smell)?"
(Honorable mention: As I'm closing the bathroom door: "Privacy!" Yeah, this one really works..)
7 Celebrity Crushes <again, only 7?> in no particular order
1. Hugh Laurie. You can bet I'm counting down to the second season of House (Sept 13th). I recently found out via TV Guide that he's British. Oy. An accent, too? :D
2. Steve Martin. Funny. Adorable. Goofy. Nice voice. Good writer.
3. The best reason to watch the Food Network, Tyler Florence. He cooks, and looks adorable doing it.
4. Ed Burns.
5. Mmmmmel. (Gibson, as if there were any doubt; even though it appears he's thinning on top.)
6. Who can resist the big dimples and down-home appeal of Matthew McConaughey? I love to hear him talk.
7. I hate to admit it, but Brad Pitt. I resist, and then things like the photo spread in a GQ a couple of months ago show up, and I'm all "phwoar" about him again.
7 People I Want to Do This
Oh, relax, people. I learned my tagging lesson, and besides, this thing is making the rounds so much that I'm sure I'll get to read everyone's 'Seven' that I would've tagged anyway. Play along, if you want, and leave me a link. :)