Last night I intended on doing my Saturday Six before I started ranting about running. I couldn't help myself, though, I was holding that ice pack to my knee and trying to type.
The good thing, is it seems to help.
The bad thing is it's still not vodka.
Anyway, I took the quiz over the weekend, I went to the trouble to add up my answers...so here, at long last, is my Six. I may even be inspired to do the Tuesday 2 as well.
Saturday Six - Episode 81
1. What is a bigger pet peeve for you: someone trying to talk on a cell phone during a movie, a baby crying in a restaurant, a dog barking on your street, or music played loud enough to rattle windows.
Cell phones are usually not a problem in the movies I go to...it seems a lot of people prefer the "vibrate" setting. (Hey, when you have kids, and not a lot of time, you take a thrill whereever you can get it.) Babies crying in restaurants are a way of life for me. As long as it's not one of mine, I could care less. Ditto for the dogs barking. As far as loud music, there's nothing more annoying than the thump-thumping that signals a Ford Escort with speakers instead of a backseat coming your way. Ugh. Here's a word for you, my decibly-challenged comrade: HEADPHONES. Wreck your own ears, and I'll wreck mine.
2. What is your favorite cologne or perfume that you wear most often? Which one is the one you like the scent of, but don't wear often or at all?
I'm a little sensitive about revealing this. Last time I did, the person I told started wearing "my" scent too. Now I have a huge bottle of perfume I can't wear without thinking of her instead. Ah, so it's minor, but still. Right now I rotate with some stuff from Bath and Body Works (eucalyptus/spearmint or lavender vanilla or a new one, too new for me to remember, it's pink...romantic?) and the one that people compliment me on from Victoria's Secret (pear). I like Happy, which is the fragrance I can't wear anymore...and used to wear Beautiful quite a bit, but it's a little strong for the strained-peas-and-carrots set. And I love, love, love it when men smell good. Eau de hombre? Ha. My favorite place in the mall is the men's fragrance counter, where I dream of someday convincing Mr W that he needs to wear it. For me. Until then, I just breathe deep whenever there's a great smelling guy around, and concentrate on keeping my hands to myself. :D
3. In your opinion, what is the best way to tell someone you value how much they mean to you? I don't tell them. They know. I'm not that hard to read.
4. Earlier this week, I posted a personality quiz: If you haven't taken it, please do; if you already have, how accurate were the results compared with your true personality.
I took the quiz. If it's good enough for Oprah and Dr Phil... I scored 43. It's funny, because I made Mr W take it too; he scored so low, I had to take his pulse (29). It's just further proof he's the soothing glass of milk counteracting my spice. lol
41 TO 50 POINTS: Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.
21 TO 30 POINTS: Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy.
They see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment, expecting you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then, usually decide against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your careful nature.
5. When was the last time you feel you got as much sleep as you really needed in a single night?
1993, when my first kid was born. I don't think I'll ever get enough sleep, ever again.
6. If a stranger walked up to you and handed you a briefcase with enough money to pay off every debt you had down to the penny, do you think you could start from then on living debt-free?
Hey, is that Oprah coming towards me, holding a briefcase? (see what I mean? not enough sleep :p)