We went to see Harry Potter yesterday morning. We all liked it, but I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed. However, I do realize, as I pout about all the scenes that could-have-been, that the movie can't go on forever. I didn't mind the dark tone, or the violence, I minded feeling rushed through the abridged version. I'm sure it'll still make scads of money at the box office, and I'll see it again.
While we were waiting for the start of the movie, there was a preview/interview regarding the Johnny Cash bio, "Walk the Line" (?). I love Johnny Cash. When I was little, I was convinced my Tata was Johnny Cash (same hair).
We used to call Nolan "Johnny Cash". What else could you call a two yr old with a penchant for wearing all black (top and bottom)? The all-black stemmed from a love of Batman. And anything with Batman on it--usually black. (I was soo delighted that he loved Batman. We watched the cartoon all the time, and well, he is my favorite--you can keep that goody-goody Superman, and send over the dark knight, anytime.)
Anyway, as we watched the preview, there was a scene where someone was giving Johnny crap (can you imagine that) about the all-black ensemble (pan to Joaquin-Phoenix-as-Johnny--wow); I looked over all the kid heads at Mr W, who looked at me right then too--and we exchanged knowing grins as we nodded our heads towards Nolan. So funny that we both remembered it at the same time. :)
Looks like a good movie, maybe we'll go check it out. Decked out in black, of course.
For now, I'm pleased to see that Patrick is continuing the Saturday Six. It's got a new home, here. This week, it's episode 84. I think.
1. What was the last movie you watched at a theater completely alone? Haa. I don't even get to go to the bathroom alone, much less to a movie. I can't remember! How sad it that???
Would you have enjoyed it more or less if you had gone with someone to see it? Who knows? I don't mind going to movies alone, so I'd probably be fine on this one. I'd enjoy it...about the same, alone or with someone.
2. What was the last non-sexual thing you did around the house completely naked? I took something out of the oven. No one likes burnt chicken nuggets.
3. How well do you know your neighbors? Would you like to know them better or not know them? Well enough to know when something doesn't seem right about their house. I don't feel the need to know them better, but am anyway because my kids spend enough time outside that I wind up chatting with them.
4. Take this quiz: How much of a conspiracy nut are you? I am 29% conspiracy nut. Not obsessed, but interested.
You are a little bit of a conspiracy nut. You know about the big conspiracies - but it doesn't take up too much of your time. You have accepted that people lie, and get away with everything - so you don't dwell on the loch ness monster too often.
5. Of the following "conspiracies" mentioned in that quiz, which single one would you most like the "truth" about and why? Ha, the alien one. I think that the universe is a vast place, and to think we are unique, that no other life exists, well, come on.
6. If you had to create a slogan that defined your life, what would it be? "Motherhood. An Army of one."