I have a new person competing with me for the computer. She's small, but she's fierce. "I play my game," she says, within minutes of getting up. Hey, there's only room for one of us in front of that screen, sister, and it's gonna be....you.
It's just so cute, watching her concentrate and click, I can wait a little longer. Her Dad, well, he has a different take on this...
I actually had quite the laugh at Mr W's expense when I came home from work Sunday, and after we exchanged pleasantries, the first words out of his mouth were "Your daughter..." He went on to tell me that she was playing her Little Bear 'game' on the computer and printed some items all by herself then proceeded to glue them together. "Oh, she knows where the glue sticks are..." "No, she used liquid glue, and I have no idea how/where she got it, and she poured it all over the chair and the rug."
Welcome to my world, honey.
Maybe now he'll understand why when he gets home my face looks more like Bill the Cat and less like June Cleaver.
I've been meaning to do the Six for a couple of days now...
Saturday Six - Episode 77
1. How many AOL J-landers have you actually met in person? I've met Screamin'Remo. (Counsel has advised me not to say anything else. :p)
2. How many photos that you have taken yourself are hanging on display in your home in a size of 8x10 or larger? (The print, not the frame!) Um, none, the largest size I've put up of my own are 5x7. They're of the kids, of course.
3. How far do you live from your job? What is your commute time like? Has the distance prompted you to consider alternative transportation because of gas prices? I live around 28 miles from my job. My commute is usually thirty minutes or so, because I work weekends and go in early. Alternative transportation? And give up my small window of alone time that I'm guaranteed each week? (besides, no one wants to carpool at 6 am, that's just not a time conducive to civility between coworkers)
4. Take this quiz: What decade does your personality live in? My personality lives in the 80's, baby! Surprised?
5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #70 from Kris: What is the funniest, most original Halloween costume you've ever seen? I don't get out much, so I have to go with the kids...and it was one of mine. Ben and my nephew are a month apart, and for their first Halloween (they were 4 and 5 months old) we dressed them like m&m's. A red and a blue one, and we sat them side by side in my double stroller. It was just adorable.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #71 from Courtenay: What is your favorite paragraph in a literary work? This might be a thought, or a message, or a descriptive passage which has remained in your consciousness throughout the years. Be sure to post the name of the book and author. My favorite one is any panel by Charles Schultz, with Snoopy bent over at his typewriter, "It was a dark and stormy night." But that is a cartoon, so I'll go with JRR Tolkien, from The Fellowship of the Ring, "...not all those who wander are lost..." Or my low-self-esteem-day mantra, from Maya Angelou, "...Phenomenal woman, That's me." (It's quite the pick-me-up, check out the whole poem.)