I love coffee. I don't drink it often, because I know I would be but one cup away from caffeine oblivion. I have enough going on without adding a morning run to the local java-emporium to my day.
I save my coffee-swilling for the weekends, when I work and need the boost. That alarm clock can go off mighty early...some mornings, it's like a dream....
Much to my surprise, the owner(?) of said local java-emporium and I were chatting today. I've changed up what I get each time I come in, as it's a treat for me, and I seek to find a favorite. He is trying to figure out what it is I like, so I can be dazzled that he remembers (seen him do it for the other coffee-hounds). He's very friendly with all his customers, I've noticed, so I am feeling like I walk into "Cheers" when I go there now, and am expecting him to belt out "Norm!" any minute.
It certainly beats Starbucks.
I'm still awake, at any rate, whether it's due to the creme brulee latte I tried today, or not, I don't know. Here's my Sat Six...
Saturday Six - Episode 79
1. Who was the last person you sent flowers to? Don't remember, but probably my Mom. Who was the last person to send you flowers? My best friend Jenny sent me a lovely bouquet for my birthday; a big, pleasant surprise. :)
2. What is your favorite single piece of furniture in your home and why? My bed. It's big (king); we all fit in it--it's a Sunday-morning-lets-wake-up-Mom-and-Dad bed. I don't spend nearly as much uninterrupted time in it as I wish I could.
3. You are given the chance to model clothing in a catalog. What type of clothing would you most want to model and why? You're kidding, right? I have to get back to you. (Somehow, 'model' and 'me' just don't go together in my mind. I'm telling you right now, it'd have to be kid-proof, klutz-proof, and not require me to iron it in any way.)
4. Take this quiz: What is your "power color?" It's red-orange, and the quiz says:
At Your Highest:
You are warm, sensitive, and focused on your personal growth.
At Your Lowest:
You become defensive and critical if you feel attacked.
You are loyal - but you demand the respect you deserve.
How You're Attractive:
You are very affectionate and inspire trust.
Your Eternal Question:
"Am I Respected?" (No. My eternal question is: "What is that on my shirt?")
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #75 from Mortimer: Now that winter is approaching, what is your ultimate comfort food? What guilty pleasure do you eat that is sinfully not good for you but, you can't get enough? Winter is approaching everywhere else but here; we still have to do some time in the 90's before we'll even need long sleeves. It's the time of year when it's annoying that it's still hot, but it's not 100+ every day, so you count your blessings.
5. What product are you mostly likely to buy in bulk? Besides tp and plain m&ms? String cheese. Have you figured out whether you actually are saving money by doing so? Yes. I can get 48 sticks of it for like 7 bucks at Costco, as opposed to 12 for 4 bucks at the grocery store. My kids and their friends plow through it like mad, so I try to keep stocked up. I don't worry about the savings with the plain m&m's because, well, those are for medicinal purposes...I'd get 'em anyway. :D
I'm not thinking about comfort food, I'm thinking how big my utilities bill will be this month as I sip some iced tea while sitting under the a/c vent.
As for the guilty pleasure, well...I have to say, everything in moderation means never having to say you're sorry. It's all fair game, as long as you aren't using a shovel to eat it. :p