We did get another crab, in spite of the crankiness of the PetsMart cashier.
A retail salesperson, cranky after Christmas? Imagine that!
I dubbed him "King Kong" as he is much larger than the other crab and upon his placement in the cage, he immediately scaled the mesh up the inside of it. "Look! He's climbing the Empire State Building!" I exclaimed, as I pointed it out to the kids. Sure, I was the only one chuckling, but sometimes, it's okay if only Mommy gets the joke. It means she's still relatively sane, and normal.
At least that's what I thought, before I had to ponder my weird habits since I got tagged by the ever-charming Remo. (BTW, um, dude...that "closet" clean-freak thing? Not a surprise.)
Here are the rules; the first player of this game starts with the topic. Five weird habits of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.
Okay, here goes, in no particular order...
1) I have to go to sleep on my right side, and I have to have my three pillows to do it: one for my head, one to hug, one between my knees. If we're staying in a hotel, the first thing I do when we get settled is call down to housekeeping and ask for more pillows. It doesn't matter what kind of place we're staying in, I always ask. Just call me Princess.
2) I have to touch my keys before I lock and shut the door to whatever car I'm driving. I either pat my pocket (where they usually are) or have to unzip my purse to see them before I will even think about moving away.
3) My bra and panties match, no matter what I'm wearing on the outside. They are usually the same color, but if I can't get the exact color then I will go ahead and mismatch....as long as it's the same color family, black/white being the only exceptions. (If you'd spent the better part of the last 10-12 years wearing nursing bras and maternity underwear, you'd embrace all of Victoria's Secret once you were free too.)
4) I flash Mr W some boobage, at least once a day. This one, he came up with...I'd asked him about my weird habits, and this was the first thing he said. I told him that I didn't consider it a habit, more like a perk, and he said "habit". (Well, if he's gonna have an attitude like that, we'll just see if he notices it coming to an abrupt end.)
5) I have to brush my teeth the second I'm awake in the morning. No one likes dragon breath staring them in the face whilst making the morning "wake up" rounds. For that matter, I brush right before bed too (;p just in case). Mmmmuaaah!
6) A bonus, because technically, I didn't come up with #4: I have to see my garage door close completely, and remember it as I drive away. If I'm not sure, I will turn around and drive back by my house to doublecheck. (I once even called my next door neighbor in a panic from across town because I thought I forgot.)
Now, it's your turn to show us your inner wacko!