I'm experiencing technical difficulties. I meant to tack my Sat Six at the end of my last entry. It's just not for Saturday, you know.
Ahh, here it is:Saturday Six - Episode 113
From your front door...
1. What is the color of the first vehicle you spot?
2. Is this the last vehicle you drove? If not, does this car belong to you or someone in your home?
It's not the last vehicle I drove. It's just parked in the street across from one of the neighbor's houses.
3. What kind of tree is closest to your front door?
Palo Verde. I love it that it seems like no two people ever pronounce it the same way.
4. What's the weather like at the time you answer these questions? Did you feel any dramatic change of temperature or humidity as you stepped outside of your home?
Right now, it's 87 degrees out, but that's just for starters. We'll top 100 today, for sure.
Set your oven to 400 degrees. Once it's preheated, stick your face close to the dooras you open it. Feel that blast of heat? Now, imagine that blast hitting your entire body after sitting in the relative comfort of air-conditioned 80 degrees as you step outside. There ya go, summer in Arizona. I swear to you, you will blink hard and wince. How's that for "dramatic change of temperature"?
5. Of your immediate neighbors -- those whose homes you can see from your front door -- how many of them do you know by name?
Four; wait, five. There are others I know by sight and a couple where I know the name of one but not their spouse's name.
6. How many of those do you speak to when you see them?
I speak to all of them, and if I can't, I at least smile and wave. Like the penguins in Madagascar: "Cute and cuddly, boys, cute and cuddly." LOL