Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Etiquette, according to Ryan

"Mommy?"  Ryan follows me into the kitchen.

I'm making breakfast, and he is the first one dressed.

He's always the first one dressed, which is funny, as he is the last one I wake up.  I just can't bring myself to unfold his little seahorse shape from under the covers first.  I go after the "aw, Mo--oom" big boys instead,  they of the "OH!  Don't turn on the light!!" pleas. 

"Mommy, did you know, that if you are in a meeting or something like that, and you have to fart, or you fart, that you should look at someone else and say their name?  Then everyone will look at them, and they won't think you did it."  He giggles.

He's gone in a flash, to go torment his brothers into hurrying up.

Well.  Guess I'll have to keep that in mind, you know, as I attend so many meetings these days.

I'm assuming he'll file that one under "Life's Lessons" as I don't think that it is officially on the curriculum at school. 

And it's the things we learn while we aren't at school that are sometimes more important, right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh too cute!!!

Funny what little men can come up with ;)

Hugs,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I spend most of my work day in meetings.  I will be sure to try out this trick the next oppurtunity. :)
Gillie

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to fart now.  Please thank Ryan for me.  Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

ROFL
he sounds so much like my Jodie....last one up, first one dressed and his bits of wisdom.
Thanks for the info Ryan!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep his sage advice in mind next Tuesday when I'm in my weekly meeting... I have just the person in mind to blame it on !

Trace~

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....I'll have to remember that too.  I'll just blame it on Parker.  LOL

XO,
bridgett