Thursday, February 9, 2006

But he's still sexy

We were watching the Grammys tonight.   Have to get my fill of eyeballing the musicians, you know. 

It was just before the kids were in bed, and they were doing their tribute to Sly and the Family Stone. 

Ryan was sitting in my lap, and we were shaking our groove thangs while we watched.   Steven Tyler came out to sing, and let loose a couple of high screeches like only he can.

I hear Audrey say:  "He sings like a girl."  She opens her mouth--" 'aaaahhhh aaaaahhh' like a girl."  And then she sniffed in disgust and shook her little head.

Of course, I cracked up. 

I resisted telling her that he although he is looking a little worse for the wear, he is still sexy. 

I'll just have to wait for her to figure out that rock star mystique when she gets older. 

Nolan, on the other hand, wondered "Did he lose a bet?" when Sly came out sporting that white-silver sky-high mohawk.

Oh, my boy.  <sigh>   You have so much left to learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.... Kids are just funny sometimes, huh?

***Monica

Anonymous said...

Steven Tyler had to become a rock star...it is the only way he would ever be considered sexy.  There is something about him!  ;)

Anonymous said...

I love Steven Tyler!!   Rock stars are just not the same anymore! :)

http://journals.aol.com/ekgillen/Gillie/
Gillie