My trip to Disneyland, in a nutshell:
Wait, I can't do this. There's no way to do it in a nutshell. And while I waited for everyone to go to school, thinking I could do it then, I forgot to factor in Audrey. Who, with the prospect of no playmates, has climbed into my lap five times and started to request ice cream.
Because she knows, if I'm here, I'll do whatever she wants so I can finish. Even at 10 am. Hmm. Vanilla sounds good.
And so does the Saturday Six.
Saturday Six - Episode 102
1. How confrontational are you in real life, and how does your real-life persona compare with your blogging persona?
I'm not confrontational, not unless the situation warrants it. I used to avoid confrontations at all costs, but have learned over time that there are some occasions where you have to be. Most of the time, I'm pretty mellow. As for my real vs blogging persona..ack. Of course they are similar, but just like in real life, I'm not gonna reveal everything. Some parts of me are for me only--and that's the way it should be.
2. Other than the food itself, what makes your favorite restaurant your favorite?
The fact that I'm not cooking elevates even McDonald's to the status of "my favorite restaurant." Someone else is bringing the food, I'm not pouring drinks...yup. They're all my favorites. Hey, nothing can drag one down quicker than realizing that everyone else is finished eating, and not only have you not started yet, but yours is...cold. "May I take your order?" --on any given day, the most beautiful words in the English language. :p
3. You buy an iPod: what's the first tune you're likely to put on it?
No fair. I don't remember what song I put on first, and it's quite heady when you start to consider all the choices...um, if I had to start it over again, I'd put Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" on it. Which, ironically, isn't even on my iPod now. An oversight I need to correct.
4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): What's the most important quality of your (ideal) significant other?
According to the quiz, kindess. According to me, sense of humor.
5. If you had to choose one or the other, which would you rather do: hear gossip or be the first to reveal some juicy piece of gossip?
I grew up in a small town, where gossip was a spectator sport. I know it's better to hear it than reveal it.
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #85 from Barb: If you had a magic feather (my Daddy Do carries several in his pocket) and this magic feather could make you unbelievably attractive OR unbelievably intelligent, which would you choose, and why?
Unbelievably intelligent...can make unbelievably attractive. Just attractive alone won't rescue you if you can't find something to talk about. And like I tell the boys, pretty fades, but smart is forever. lol
And the ice cream has lost its charm, its hold over her...it's gotta be Mommy, now. Sigh. Well, maybe she'll share...