Thursday, April 20, 2006

My attempt at the Thursday Thirteen

My friend Laura does this meme, the Thursday Thirteen, each week.  I've been intrigued, but not quite up to doing it.  Thirteen things seems like a lot!   Here's the lowdown:

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! I hope that you will play along and leave me a link to yours.

Call me lazy, but it seems like a lot of linking.  Maybe next time.  But for now, in honor of Audrey's upcoming 4th birthday...

Thirteen Reasons It's Good To Be Audrey:

1.  She always wears a dress, and looks smashing in it. 

2.  Shoes, shoes, and more shoes.  

3.  Currently is sporting every tiny hair clip she owns, on two small hanks of hair on either side of her head.  If she nods "no" she will knock herself out, but it's a look that works for her.

4.  Max thinks she's a demi-goddess, as she knows how to open the back door, to let him back in, and where the treats are.  She is generous with her loyal subject--he just has to sit for her first to be guaranteed a bone.  Bones which are now hidden, as 85 lbs of puppy love is plenty.

5.  Popsicles--the other food group.

6.  Watercolors, and lots of paper; playdoh, dolls, lippy...so much to do, so little time. 

7.  Attitude.  I don't know many people who can get away with "Don't touch the pretty girl," as she removes Ben's hand from her shoulder.  Yes, I cringed when she said it.  Then I muttered as I left the room, "Let's just remember that one when you're 15, okay?"

8.  She's the little object of all our affection.  How could it suck,  when you are so loved?

9.  The "Princess" wave, acceptable at all times.  (fingers closed, hand cupped just so...we all know how to do it, and we do it along with her)

10.  Dancing at a moment's notice isn't frowned upon, but encouraged.  

11.  Three older brothers.  Recently, Ben was not happy with another older little boy who was playing with her.  He felt the kid was scaring her and too rough, I think.   He looked the kid in the eye, made sure he had his attention, and said, "Could you just leave her alone?  No, really, you're scaring her, leave her alone."  I have no doubt in my mind that had he not had to go back into aikido, he would have sat sentry over her until he was satisfied she was being left alone, never mind that there were two adults sitting there watching the scene too.  I don't think a girl can get any better protection than an older brother, do you? 

12.  Glitter hairspray is not too garish for daytime. 

13.  Saturday is her birthday.  She chose a cake, and I'm not kidding, that has a crown and a scepter on it.  I balked at first, omg, a  crown ? but I gave in.  Eh, it's her birthday, and who knows what next year's obsession will be?  Might as well enjoy this one while it lasts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great 13... You did a wonderful job...

I've been dying to do a 13 myself, but
can't think of a Theme...

Love the idea of the birthday cake too!

That is so something Rowan would pick out...
Too bad we don't live closer... I think our girls
would be fast friends :)

Hugs,
~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm.. I think that -I- want to be Audrey! <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

and another pal follows....I guessed right that Audrey would be the subject. It is good to be the little girl in your house!
Happy birthday sweet girl!
thanks for playing Anna!
hugs
Laura