Wednesday, December 3, 2008

He strikes again

I was hanging up clothes in my closet the other night when the little guy entered my room. He was on his way to bed and wanted his goodnight kiss.

I bent a little at the waist, he's much shorter than I am, and he gently placed his hand on both sides of my face, drew me in, planted one on me just as he slid one hand around to the back of my head to make sure I was in the right spot. "Goodnight, Mom," he said, as he left the room.

I doubled over giggling at the foot of our bed, shaking my head and asking Mr W, "Did you see that?" I straightened up, and raising an eyebrow, I could not resist this comment: "You don't even kiss me like that."

I hope this doesn't foreshadow a liking for chubby older women with curly hair who like their lip gloss.

Somewhere, I think Freud is chuckling in his grave.

Either way, someday, some girl will be very happy.

4 comments:

Remo said...

Better change the parental code to the cable before he ends up twice-married and destitute in the suburbs.

Bridgett said...

You sound like me! A dark haired, chubby girl with curly hair who likes lip gloss! LOL

XXOO

Mrs. L said...

I knew I should have had boys. BTW, as the daughter of a shrink, I can certify that Freud bites.

cw2smom said...

Little boys are so sweet! But, I had to keep an eye on my younger boy...who is adopted and came to our family at age 8..as he saw way too much in foster care and tried to show his sister what Barbie and Ken can do for fun! Yikes! LOL! Lisa