Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Froggy has a request

I took Audrey with me yesterday to watch the procession of motor officers and police cars  before the memorial at the station.

As we waited with some other families for it to approach and pass, Audrey got a little antsy.

Which entirely understandable, and I was expecting it.

She'd brought along her little pals, a tiny toy dinosaur, a small rubber lizard, and her tiny rubber frog.  You know, the usual things you'd find in a little girl's pocket.

I grabbed Froggy and held him up to my ear, nodding and smiling at her.  Froggy is her current favorite.

"Froggy says you are being a very good girl, and he is proud of you."

She smiled, and took Froggy from me, and held him up to her own ear.

She grinned at me as he spoke to her.

"Froggy says that when we are finished, we need to go get some ice cream."

"You're too smart for your own good,"  I said, as I scooped her up and spun them around.  She was giggling in no time.

I figured I'd better disorient her a bit before Froggy got really demanding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' that Audrey got her quick wit from her momma! :)  
How was the ice cream?! ;)
Tracy~

Anonymous said...

Aww, too sweet...

Nothing like a little one's giggle to make you feel better too!

If you need anything, to talk or what not... You know how to
get ahold of me.

Hugs,
~Jenn~

Anonymous said...

froggy says we need a trip to the store for more lippy :-)

Anonymous said...

Pure innocence at such a tragic event.  Probably just one of the things that made it such a perfect memorial.  

Jeanne
http://journals.aol.com/candlejmr/AJourneytoaNewMe/

Anonymous said...

LOL! She sounds like she is like her Mommy. Very quick witted and funny!

***Monica